Thursday 11 December 2008

Wondering

I've just seen a very funny post on a blog that goes by the name of Old Prof. You have to read his website, it's a very wry view of his world. He has an article up about the Seven Wonders- his take on it (I hope he doesn't mind me copying this.... )

Since I am now 85 years old I feel qualified to offer my own personal list of the Seven Wonders of Old Age. These wonders are How, Why, Where, If, When, What and Who.

1. I wonder how people move that fast.
2. I wonder why people move that fast.
3. I wonder where I left my keys.
4. I wonder if I took my medication.
5. I wonder when I take my next medication.
6. I wonder what that spot on the back of my hand means.
7. I wonder who this doctor is. (He looks awfully young)


I think OH can relate to this. And me to a certain extent! I'm always losing my keys- seems I keep putting them in the wrong coat pocket (light-weight coat during the day, heavy-weight one at night- and it's always the wrong one for the keys!)

I started a new forum a while ago for Artist Trading Cards- and I have a cool name. Just waiting to get my own domain name URL when I have the pennies.....

And I've been personally wondering what is the best place to put up a free forum.... so I tried a few.

1. Yahoo Groups
2. Aimoo Groups
3. Forumer.com
4. Ning

They all have pro's and con's. It's so difficult to choose which is the best one for a particular purpose. So anyone have any ideas they wish to share on how to choose the best one? I have one on each of them and they're beginning to look like mirror sites- they're not but I want to get the best one before I delete the rest.

Oh, and if you've got any creative ideas on how to promote a forum- please share! I'm doing all the boring stuff already!

0 comments: