Saturday 27 December 2008

Cyprus- island of contrasts


Here we are sitting in the blazing (ish) sun- with tourists visible in shorts and t-shirts. What a beautiful day, just a whisper of movement in the air, the sea like a mirror showing the deep blue of the sky.

And 50 miles away from us? Yes there is snow on Mount Olympus and in Troodos village- this is todays latest shot. Apparently the roads have been packed with people rushing to see the snow- makes me wonder if Cypriots really do need their heads examined! They spend all summer complaining that its Poli Zesti (too hot!) and then they rush to see the snow as soon as it falls...... Mind you, it is early this year- and just 3 days ago, that same webcame just showed mud mud mud. At least the fancy new ski lift they put in that produced all that mud will get used. Here's to hoping we get 20 odd feet of snow and just a touch of it lands down here in town.... I want to see the tourists turn yet another colour - blue. You see them milky white (just arrived), pink, lobster and peeling. Blue is this years new suntan!

3 comments:

Mary Bee said...

Hi Kathryn: I just found your blog through the 1000th post game on AFA. So now I can visit.

goatgoddess said...

love your background - so cool :)

Melissa M (Lagaz) said...

Hi Kathryn!! I really like your layout..very cool. And I like your tourist post. LOL! Thanks for adding my blog..I'll add yours on mine too :) We all gotta stick together you know :)