Tuesday 30 December 2008

Kinky Carrots and Cat Food


So we went shopping today and tried a new (to us) fruit and veg store in town. Cool place- they have lots of stuff there- all local fruit and veg, meat, deli counter and plenty of tinned stuff. Just picked up essentials- tons of veg! They had some B grade stuff- which is fine for us, most of it gets cooked in stews, curries and soups this time of year.

Kinky carrot featured here- male or female? You decide- I saved it from the curry tonight so I could take a picture of it- mud and all.

Nothing else happening really- its been raining down here so looks like more snow on the hills. Sea was calm again but tide going towards the west, strange to see it blowing one direction one day and the opposite the next. Tomorrow is the last day of the year. I can't believe how quick it has gone- we're going out tomorrow night round to a friends house, last year David wasn't well and the year before we were out with a boat friend. It's still very quiet here- definitely not as many tourists around, even the harbour area has been quiet this year. They are planning a New Years Party at the Town Hall- first for 5 years- but I think it's going to rain so we will be better off indoors! Still, if we get bored of what's on TV (or not) there's nothing stopping us popping by and seeing if they have free food and drink. Oh, and there's going to be a World Record attempt for the World's Biggest Doner kebab. Any ideas how big that would have to be???

And the cat food? I need to buy some tomorrow so I thought if I wrote it down somewhere, I would remember to go and get some before the shops shut early. I just love winter opening hours sometimes (ha ha)

I will try and add to my New Years resolution list. Or not.

0 comments: